Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions. For any other question, please send us a message using the form in the contact us section! Thank you
- What payment methods are accepted?
- We accept most credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, etc.).
- Can I make changes to my reservation?
- This depends on the availability of the cottage rental and the cancellation policy. Please contact us in such an eventuality.
- How do I cancel a reservation?
- Please contact us but cancellation rules will apply.
- Why is there a $250.00 deposit required?
- We take a deposit in case of damage caused by you or your pet during your visit. If there is no damage, we will refund your deposit within 48 hours of your visit.
- When do I have to pay for my reservation?
- We take 50% of the amount at the time of reservation and the other 50% 7 days before arrival.
- How do I get to the chalet?
- In the days preceding your arrival, we will give you instructions on how to arrive at the chalet on your own. We will then provide you with a code giving you access to your cottage.
- What are the cancellation policies?
- 50% to be paid at the time of reservation. Balance remaining 7 days prior to arrival.
- 100% are refundable, if cancellation is made at least 28 days prior to arrival.
- 0% refundable if cancelled less than 28 days prior to arrival.
- What do I do if I forget an item in the cottage where I stayed?
- Please contact us and we will do our best to return the item to you. However, shipping charges may apply.
- Can I have guests while I am staying at The Domaine du Camp St-Joseph?
- No. People who rent cottages expect to be able to benefit from the common areas and the number of people indicated on the reservation is the number of people accepted on the site.
- Can I bring a tent?
- No, no tents or temporary shelters are accepted on the site on behalf of the tenants.
- Can you make an exception to add guests and exceed the maximum number accepted in a cottage?
- Is firewood (logs) provided during our stay?
- Yes, you may have to pick it up yourself at the denial area on the Domaine.
- Are life jackets provided for water activities?
- Yes, several life jackets are provided. However, for a small child it is preferable to bring one.
- Do we have kayaks or canoes reserved for us?
- No, all visitors have access to Canoes and Kayaks but there are many so there is no problem.
- Can I bring a pet?
- Yes, a maximum of one pet per cottage. However, it is your responsibility to pick up your pet's needs and make sure it gets along well with the other animals present. In addition, you will be responsible for any damage caused by your pet.
- Can I bring my boat?
- Yes, however you must make sure to check with us if there is space available at our dock. In addition, you must pay the boat drop-off fees for non-residents.
- What do I do if there is a problem with our cottage?
- You can contact us via the form or call us at the phone number that will be provided.
- What do I do with the garbage and recycling?
- You must put them in the large garbage garbage cans reserved for this purpose. They are clearly visible on the site.
- Is the water in the cottages potable?
- Should I bring my sheets and pillows?
- Not necessary unless you can't sleep without your pillow! We provide sheets and pillows.
- Can we smoke at the Domaine?
- Cigarettes, E-cigarettes and marijuana are accepted ONLY on the balcony of your cottage and around YOUR outdoor fireplace.